Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'll Never Know

Dear Mommy,
     You've lived a short life, but longer than my own, so I'm hoping you can tell me what it's like -- I'll never know.

     What does it feel like to run in the rain? What does it feel like splash a puddle or play a game? Tell me mommy, what does it feel like to blow bubbles in the sun? What does it feel like to sing in bathtub, you know I loved to sing... ♪♫ You are my sunshine... my only sunshine ♪♫  Tell me mommy, what does it feel like to hear the waves crash on the beach? To run in the sand? To feel the mud between my toes? Can you tell me mommy?
    
     Mommy, I loved you very much, I never stopped loving you. Can you tell me why you stopped loving me? Why did my life have to end so you could be free? Your Bella Vita is what you have now and I won't stand in your way. But can you tell me mommy, why'd my life end this way?
    
     Can you tell me what it's like to get butterflies in my tummy? To ride on a carousel? Tell me what it feels like to laugh til my side hurts. To learn how to read. Can you tell me what's it's like to fall in love? To have my heart swept away? I hope you can answer these questions mommy, because I will never know.

     Love Always,
     Caylee

No comments:

Post a Comment