Sunday, May 6, 2012

It is with Great Pleasure...

Hello fellow bloggers, readers and passers-by,

A short and simple post to let you know how humbled I am. It is with great pleasure that I inform you, yours truly received the TOP 15 Award at Black River Technical College on April 26, 2012. Out of the 2,000+ students enrolled at both campuses, I am one of the top 15!

I was truly honored by this recognition and I can't be more pleased with my level of education that I have received and am currently receiving at this facility. A gratifying feeling knowing someone there recognized me, little ol' me, out of so many, and that I was deemed worthy of such an award.

There are so many that go unnoticed because of being shy, quiet or just generally are wallflowers. My hope is for them to speak up - be heard - be a winner!

And while this sounds like an acceptance speech for an Academy Award, well, so be it! In Arkansas, this is as close to an Academy Award as it's going to get and I'm rolling with it.

I share this award with my best friend, my lover, my strength, and my rock - My husband of nearly 10 years -- Rodney Evans. Since 2008, when I first gave humor to the notion of returning to school, he supported me unlike no other. He stood by me through the initial fear and intimidation that a returning student often goes through, reminding me that I am smart and can do anything I put my mind to. He ran our household single handedly for the first year, as I sat, crying at my desk, praying the Algebra gods would have mercy on my fallible soul as the letters mixed with numbers caused near panic attacks and shortness of breath.

Through the 60 mile commutes four days a week, keeping our vehicle running so I could get my Criminal Justice Degree and then, to re-enroll again to pursue my AA -- tending the house, the lawn, the laundry, the four children and now, the 5th due in just weeks. He is a man of epic proportion, a man of strength, values, morals and respect. A man who cares what his wife does and will do anything to support her in her decisions. Yes, this award doesn't come close to what I owe him for all he has done, but I wouldn't have it without him and that alone is why I share it with him.

I love you Rodney! Thank you for each and every thing, big and little, that you do! You are my superman!

Until tomorrow,
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment