Friday, August 30, 2013

Glutten for Punishment? No, I'm "SUPER MOM"!

Hello fellow bloggers, readers and passers-by,

It has been some time, yes in deed. The desire to tell you every minute detail is rather large scale, but the sake of my sanity and your time... Wait, for the sake your sanity and MY time, I'll keep it brief, upbeat and refrain from as many swear words as possible.

College is... Important. College is... Expensive. College is... como se dice, "drama laden, sports infested, high school for a second time?" No, college is not that bad... but it borders the prior description with the exception of the pros! Meeting people, conversing on a somewhat higher level, receiving commendations from professors who recognize your worth and want to continue increasing it with well laid out lessons and questions that create a sense of 'this is really going to make me a better, more well rounded person in the end' feeling. And that is worth all the drama, sports, & high school re-runs completely.

But the title doesn't fit the blog does it? No, I've not taken more hours than I can handle. In fact, I'm on at 15 this semester which makes last years schedule seem lighter (it was only 16, but that added hour made a big difference in eating dinner with the family or stuffing my face at the desk with a fork in one hand and a highlighter in the other: NOTE - Pink highlighters are not tasty)!

So what is new?

Five kids? No, you knew that already.
Husband? No, you knew that, too.

Give up?

Homeschooling!

Yes, my little minion, five children grace our household and four of them are school aged. It goes without saying all four said school aged children are now under the educational advisement of yours truly!

And it is going wonderfully! The kids have their classes in the morning and afternoons, I have my classes on Mondays and Wednesdays on campus. My online classes are done after dinner and I get to SEE MY CHILDREN DAILY! Much unlike last semester when I would return from campus and an hour later, they were in bed... Leaving out for the bus while I was in the shower and the routine continued like that for four months. Oh, and let us not forget the entire two weeks of random automated calls from the local school district my children attend(ed) stating a bomb threat had been received... a note had been found... a student shot himself at home... None of that at the Evans Homeschool, Learning, Loving and Living Center! We cater to our kiddos educational needs and get to have fun, too!

For instance, a portion of my tuition pays for certain amenities on campus, one being the gorgeous library! And what would a library be without a spectacular museum? And who was able to give their children a hands on, first hand look at life from the age of the beginning of man (dino days) all the way through the Vietnam War? Life in the World through an Arkansans eyes! They had an incredible time and the photos were priceless. I feel hard pressed to share them with you, but for the sake of not ruining it, should you ever make it to Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, you should certainly stop by the library on campus and check it out! You won't be disappointed.

Alas, I am SUPER MOM! With my cape of love flying high and my arms outstretched to give those endless hugs, I bid you all good evening -- there is a child that needs my attention and I cannot fathom ignoring them... even for you!

Until tomorrow,
LaVonda

No comments:

Post a Comment